Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wuined My Wife

This morning I have lived long enough to become a nuisance to my child.

Alex went out to play right after breakfast. He swam, he played in the sandbox, he had a great time.

Finally, he decided it was time to go inside...he wanted a bath. I made the mistake of believing he wanted to get CLEAN while he was there. After he'd played in the bathtub for about 15 minutes, I said, "Alex, let's wash your back and your hair."

He replies with "Mom! You've wuined my wife!"

Translation: "Mom! You've ruined my life!"

Where does he even learn phrases like that? I know what you're thinking, and I promise, I have not been making him watch Days of Our Lives with me. Quite frankly, after 25 years of watching that show, I think I'll be ill if Bo and Hope marry each other a 7th time. And I really can't handle any more of the Days of Our Lives melodrama.

Apparently, there is quite enough melodrama spewing from my precious 3-year-old's little mouth these days.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hilarious! We miss you!