Also, we've been potty training so much that all we think about at this house is peepee and poopoo.
Alex was in the back seat of the car the other day when he said, "Mom! Dad! I'm cwapping everywhere! I'm cwapping everywhere! I'm cwapping in the car. I'm cwapping right now!"
First of all, we thought we'd had a potty training breakthrough that he was acknowledging the existence of poopoo. Then, I wondered for the first time whether we would be one of those families who pull over to the side of the road when their kids can't wait to go to the bathroom, or if we'd always make our kids hold it. Finally, it occurred to me that Alex doesn't actually know the word "CWAP" because that is a four letter word at our house, especially for a 3-year-old. I gave him a very puzzled look, I'm sure.
He went on to say, "I like to cwap. Watch me cwap. I am cwapping my hands fast. Now I am cwapping my hands even faster!"
Oh, did I mention he also can't say his "L" sound yet?

No comments:
Post a Comment